News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Screen Printing

Started by mimmotronics, July 11, 2019, 03:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimmotronics

Does any know how to get into screen printing your own designs on pedal enclosures?

Kevin Mitchell

I use the EZ Screen Print kit. It's a small screen/sheet with emulsion already applied. So you just have to cure it (sunlight works good for this) with your design on transparency film and it's good for many uses. If you'd like to use multiple colors you may be better off building or buying a legitimate rig. For that the process is a bit more involving and would certainly be a bigger case of trail and error until you get it down.

Here's an example of my first go at it.

-KM
  • SUPPORTER

mimmotronics

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on July 11, 2019, 04:23:08 PM
I use the EZ Screen Print kit. It's a small screen/sheet with emulsion already applied. So you just have to cure it (sunlight works good for this) with your design on transparency film and it's good for many uses. If you'd like to use multiple colors you may be better off building or buying a legitimate rig. For that the process is a bit more involving and would certainly be a bigger case of trail and error until you get it down.

Thanks for the suggestion! Looks really clean too, have you used the same screen for multiple builds? Just want to get an idea of how many I can get out of one screen.

If using multiple colors (say, 2) what would be the most important issues/trade-offs? I'll probably start with only one color, but I'd like to work up to using two.

PRR

> idea of how many I can get out of one screen.

QuoteQ: How long will the stencil last and how many times can it be used?
A: Unused stencils have a shelf-life of approximately 6 months when stored in a cool place. Storing them in an area with lots of direct light or humidity, even when kept in the black protective bag, can shorten the shelf life. Once the stencils have been burned with your artwork, they will no longer have a shelf life and can be used over and over again. With proper care, the stencils can be used 100's of times!
https://ezscreenprint.com/  -- FAQs
  • SUPPORTER

mimmotronics

Quote from: PRR on July 11, 2019, 11:14:35 PM
> idea of how many I can get out of one screen.

QuoteQ: How long will the stencil last and how many times can it be used?
A: Unused stencils have a shelf-life of approximately 6 months when stored in a cool place. Storing them in an area with lots of direct light or humidity, even when kept in the black protective bag, can shorten the shelf life. Once the stencils have been burned with your artwork, they will no longer have a shelf life and can be used over and over again. With proper care, the stencils can be used 100's of times!
https://ezscreenprint.com/  -- FAQs

It always helps to read the FAQ's...thanks for info!