Stripboard Fuzz Face not working.

Started by James89, September 01, 2019, 04:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electric Warrior

With perf you have to make all the connections yourself. With stripboard you simply solder the components to the traces, which makes it easier to make a good connection and easier to replace components with other values.

I make my own layouts, so they are correctly dimensioned for the components I use. I double check them before making the trace cuts and soldering. Never had any issues so far.

Making the trace cuts is easy with a small drill bit. On 0.1" pitch boards I use a knife to score between the traces to make sure that there are no shorts. 0.15" pitch would be easier to handle for a beginner...

I built my first pedals on pad per hole perf. Switching to stripboard was like a revelation.

PRR

> With perf .... With stripboard

I see it as a positive/negative space issue. Some people see a vase. Some people see two faces.

_I_ tend to be more comfortable making ALL the connections myself. I can see how others may be more comfortable letting the board carry connections. I think it is personal choice (brain wiring, drug effects...)
  • SUPPORTER