Can the output jfet on a rat be replaced with a mosfet?

Started by ReeceAblaze, September 06, 2019, 07:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReeceAblaze

Hello everyone. I am building a rat but I dont have any jfets to hand. Would a mosfet do the job?
Fuzz is all you need!

iainpunk

yes, but i reccommend changing the 1M that goes to ground into a 1M that goes to 4,5V. but if you are already doing that, you can better take the safe rout and use a BJT, like the bc547, 2n2222, or another general purpouse one
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

marcelomd

If you bias it correctly, yes. You can also use a BJT.

Are you using a pre made PCB? Note that MOSFETs, JFETs and BJTs are biased differently, so you may need to mod the PCB.

ReeceAblaze

Quote from: marcelomd on September 06, 2019, 08:12:22 AM
If you bias it correctly, yes. You can also use a BJT.

Are you using a pre made PCB? Note that MOSFETs, JFETs and BJTs are biased differently, so you may need to mod the PCB.

I am currently just bread boarding things. I am having a nightmare today I have tried to build 2 circuits so far and neither has worked no matter how hard I try to fix them
Fuzz is all you need!

antonis

For breadboarding purpose, use any op-amp avaliable..
(short output & inverting input, use the 1M resistor to bias non-inverting input and omit the 10k Source resistor..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..