Klon Clone (Aion Refractor) Capacitor Suggestion

Started by mickeybellinello, September 25, 2019, 06:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeybellinello

Hi to all!

I've just ordered an Aion Refractor PCB and I'd like to have some suggestion for the components selection.

I found the "original" klon schematic document and it's reported that panasonic ecq are used for the non polaryzed cap.

I can't find this kind of cap so.. any alternative??

Thanks

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

yanng45

The PCB is packed pretty tightly so in this case the right capacitor will be the one that fits well.

The build doc indicates that it uses a 5mm spacing for the caps so that's what you're looking for. The 2 types you mentionned use 3.5mm for some values you need so they are not optimal to have the cleanest build.
The box type usually use a 5mm spacing, you can use those also : https://www.banzaimusic.com/MKT-Standard/

antonis

Caps lead spacing is problem only when box type with very short leads used..

But yes, for a completely neat build you have to use whatever cap PCB designer had in mind..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Ben N

For higher values (470nf - 1uf) pay attention also to the width of the cap--some of the box caps can get a bit girthy in those values, and then not fit in the space allocated on the board.
  • SUPPORTER

mickeybellinello

Thanks to all for the precious info.
In case,, do you know where to find those capacitor (panasonic ecq) in europe possibly?
I live in Italy.
Thanks