Taiwan Factory of 3pdt, MXR Knobs, etc

Started by pipoy, September 04, 2020, 08:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipoy

Hi,

I am from Asia.
I have searched, high and low for days just to look for the main supplier of the 3pdt's and MXR knobs sold in the US.

I have been told that the supplier is from Taiwan.

But I couldn't find the company. If someone can give me a company or a contact info, I would appreciate it.

I've been ordering my parts from China. Specifically the 3pdt and MXR Knobs.
But the quality is not that great. MXR knobs I receive, 80% of them have paint chips and blems. These are the 20mm.

MXR knobs sold in the us are 19mm and you see these in most US boutique and custom pedals.

willienillie

3PDT switches from Taiwan are probably Alpha.  No idea about the knobs.

italianguy63

There are tons of "suppliers" in Asia...

The major manufacturer of these parts is YUEQING DAIER ELECTRON CO.,LTD. in ZHEJIANG,CHINA.

You can order directly from them.  You may be still disappointed in the quality, as it may be the same manufacturer of the goods you already receive. 

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

pipoy

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 05, 2020, 05:20:34 AM

The major manufacturer of these parts is YUEQING DAIER ELECTRON CO.,LTD. in ZHEJIANG,CHINA.

You can order directly from them.  You may be still disappointed in the quality, as it may be the same manufacturer of the goods you already receive. 

MC

DAIER  is the company I am avoiding right now. We have been getting from them for about a year and I am not happy with the service because they always commit mistake when I receive the products.. and 80% of the MXR knobs they sent out are blems.

Also, I have heard from another Alibaba seller that Daier doesn't make those knobs. They get them from another factory, that is why they do not have quality control.

phasetrans

Quote from: pipoy on September 05, 2020, 08:47:42 AM

Also, I have heard from another Alibaba seller that Daier doesn't make those knobs. They get them from another factory, that is why they do not have quality control.

Second sourcing is extremely common in China. It doesn't mean that the product quality will be bad, but it can be. Sometimes this can be circumvented by asking to buy from the main facility. Usually it can be circumvented by buying at the MOQ stated by the primary vendor. Virtually always it can be circumvented by visiting the primary factory and having a human connection with the vendor company.

Source: Years heading up engineering in an industry (lighting) with a very Chinese-heavy supply chain.

A typical way to spread risk in Chinese manufacturing is to pass the smaller clients to former employees who have now set up a shingle down the street (usually literally) from their former employer. The larger organization will keep the larger and/or more sophisticated customers. This isn't really a secretive thing, in my experience. If you talk to them about it, they will be open about their second suppliers, or will add an additional layer of QC at your request, if they are concerned that you will go around them. It is worth asking about their supporting factories, and including them in a visit.

• SUPPORTER

phasetrans

A couple more tips:

Inside sales teams at Chinese firms almost always are of the form sales[##]@firm. The numbers more or less correspond to team hierarchy. Usually, if you're talking to sales15, then that is a different story than sales1, sales2, etc. Turnover is high, so the email addresses aren't personalized.

Usually the most senior people also have vanity email addressed for chosen anglicized names. Go visit the factory, and "sales3@firm" might instead give you a business card that say "lilly@firm."

Treat people with dignity, visit them when possible, and show interest in what they do. It is a universal path to better relations. And Chinese factories are fascinating, if for no other reason that you get a level of access you would never receive in a typical western manufacturing facility.
  • SUPPORTER

pipoy

@phasetrans

Really informative post. Thanks a lot for this.

Yeah I did notice that example "sales3@company.com". I just thought that it is a number of sales representative. I didn't know that there is a hierarchy behind that.

Anyway.

I am still in a quest on finding the manufacturer of cleaner and better paint knobs.

Went to a different supplier and asked to send some samples to me. I went straight from a manufacturer this time and not resellers.

But quality still the same. I bet my old supplier is getting the same knobs to the same manufacturer.

Love My Switches is selling his blems and have posted a new product page of the same knob. But stating "New supplier". And based on the picture, they look better.

I was just wondering if anyone here have more info or contacts about better suppliers in China or Taiwan?

phasetrans

Quote from: pipoy on October 29, 2020, 09:41:07 PM
@phasetrans

Really informative post. Thanks a lot for this.

Yeah I did notice that example "sales3@company.com". I just thought that it is a number of sales representative. I didn't know that there is a hierarchy behind that.

Glad it is helpful. There's generally no heirarchy at the higher numbers, but the low numbers (say, less than 5) frequently mean something. A high number could mean a big firm, or it could mean they just create a new email account every time they turn over a rep.

• SUPPORTER

bartimaeus

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 05, 2020, 05:20:34 AM

MC

is YUEQING DAIER ELECTRON the company that makes the 3PDT switches sold by smallbear, lovemyswitches, etc?