Aion L5 Preamp Problem!!

Started by Speedyone, September 10, 2020, 10:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedyone

Hi all,

Johnny at Alchemy Audio put together the Aion L5 Preamp pedal for me, but it intermittently gives a dry signal and no effect.

Here's a link to my problem:

https://youtu.be/ug0IOD9mFGw

Any idea what could be happening?

WormBoy

From your video, I see that, when it's not working, the bypass LED does not light up. Looking at the schematics, it seems that the bypass LED is powered from V+ and the channel LED from V-. So, my guess would be that there's something wrong in the power-supply section of the pedal that produces the V+. You could measure V+ with a DMM to confirm. If you bought this as a complete pedal, I would contact the supplier and let them debug it.

Speedyone

Thanks very much for your reply!

I will contact the builder, and send him this info.

:)

mozz

There are a few ways to wire the LEDs in this project. Instructions show you how but it's not very clear.
  • SUPPORTER

Marcos - Munky

First of all, welcome.

It's very hard to find problems without the usual things: schematic used, pictures of the board, pictures of the wiring, voltage measurements. It could be lots of things. For example, something that's being shorted somehow.

If it was something you helped to build, or if Johnny is a friend of yours, or if you want to give a try on fixing it, then it'll be a nice thing to try to debug the pedal and we can help you. If you just bought it as a complete pedal, then I believe it's not really up to you to fix it, but instead to return it to who assembled it and ask him to fix it (or a refund). I mean, you paid for a working pedal, right?

Speedyone

Thanks for the welcome!

I did buy the pedal as a completed build from a guy who gets the parts from Aion electronics.

After I made the video and showed the builder, he said he would contact the owner of Aion electronics and figure out how to fix it for me.

The pedal sounds great when it DOES work!

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts!

:)