New huge DIY project released! - the C19 Databus Drive

Started by Freppo, September 18, 2020, 05:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

hahahahah dino, stand down, bro. you got enough nitemares already!!!
lmao

fred... holy cow, man, i am impressed. but that's easy ;)

if i could afford the 100 euro i'd probably go for it, but to be honest it would probably end up in the huge box of pcbs i've been meaning to build for years... lol i have THOUSANDS of them at this point, and no time to do builds for me or experiment much. but man, i am jazzed you're coming up with stuff like this.

the vero was mostly a joke, as i know dino did the ludwig and stuff, and usually you release vero versions of everything.

rock on, gents!
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

vigilante397

Incredible project with absolutely no practical use to me. Needless to say I already ordered my PCB ::)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

Quote from: vigilante397 on September 22, 2020, 10:18:22 AM
Incredible project with absolutely no practical use to me. Needless to say I already ordered my PCB ::)
That is an accurate summary of Fredrik's genius.   :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

vigilante397

Quote from: EBK on September 22, 2020, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: vigilante397 on September 22, 2020, 10:18:22 AM
That is an accurate summary of Fredrik's genius.   :icon_lol:

Exactly. I think I bought like 6 or so Into the Unknown boards, still have one of them boxed up. I think it was last plugged in 2 years ago, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it :P He does fantastic work.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

jfrabat

There is something wrong with your video...  I have no idea what happened when I played it; I could hear the music, but not once did I see the NES screen.  I only saw a guy playing guitar...   :icon_biggrin:
I build.  I fix.  I fix again.  And again.  And yet again.  (sometimes again once more).  Then I have something that works! (Most of the time!).

Freppo

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.  :)

Today I finished a C19 Databus Drive with blue LEDs.
Looks cool, but I think I still prefer red.  What do you think?

Check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

vigilante397

Quote from: Freppo on September 30, 2020, 10:06:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments.  :)

Today I finished a C19 Databus Drive with blue LEDs.
Looks cool, but I think I still prefer red.  What do you think?

I love the blues. I was actually considering doing green for mine, give it that old CRT look 8)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

Blue is cool, but red has more retro credibility.  Red gets my vote.

Now, I need to track down a NES and a copy of Megaman 2.  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

soggybag

Great work, super amazing!

Love that you turned this into a kit, though I'm not I'll build it. I really want to I'm just not sure about adding a pedal this size to the pile of pedals!