DAM Fuzz Sound FS-77 trace - well almost a trace

Started by andy-h-h, November 10, 2020, 04:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy-h-h

So I'm trying to trace a DAM Fuzz Sound FS-77 using photos from Reverb etc...   it's a tone bender MKIII, with what appears to be two caps as an input blend, but I'm really lost on the tone / output section and some odd resistor values.

I'll eventually breadboard it, but I'm curious if anyone here knows what's going on with this, or can point out some errors that I've made.  I'm left scratching my head a little    :icon_wink:

duck_arse

you are showing two resistors marked "2.2m" which appear to be 220k from the colours. you have a resistor marked "5.6k" which colours look 4k7, and one marked "57k" looks 47k. other than that, I've got nuthin.
Katy who? what footie?

andy-h-h

Thanks - I thought the 2m2 made no sense, but to me the multiplier band looked green. 

PRR

> band looked green.

It is hard to read colors in strange light (or a stranger's light, as when peeping web photos).

While I see a cap which is often yellow, those three sleeves on the transistors I dunno what color they may *really* be.

However here you have a "likely Green" right next to the ?? band.

• SUPPORTER

andy-h-h

It's making more sense now, and thanks for your help.  Second and third pairs of eyes...    ;)

I think the tone section is a Big Muff variant, but will have to test it to make sure.