News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

TS or BD DIY Kits?

Started by willdethrill, May 26, 2021, 11:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willdethrill

Axers, not sure where to post this, the marketplace forums look kinda dead. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a Tube Screamer or Blues Driver DIY kit? Im looking to build one with the help of a kit (ie I would be useless finding a schematic, pcb and parts if it wasnt all packaged). Thanks!!

ThermionicScott

BYOC has a kit:  https://buildyourownclone.com/collections/overdrive/products/classic-overdrive

Building from scratch gives you the opportunity to socket a bunch of components you might want to play with.   :icon_cool:
"...the IMD products will multiply like bacteria..." -- teemuk

willdethrill

Thanks this looks great! I am an admitted novice, which is why I lean towards the kits. Where would be a good place to learn more about building from scratch? Where would I start that journey?

bluebunny

Quote from: willdethrill on May 30, 2021, 01:17:30 AM
Where would be a good place to learn more about building from scratch? Where would I start that journey?

Right here.  Nowhere better.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

ThermionicScott

After building and troubleshooting a Klone, this will be a walk in the park!  :icon_lol:
"...the IMD products will multiply like bacteria..." -- teemuk

antonis

Quote from: ThermionicScott on May 30, 2021, 11:38:34 AM
After building and troubleshooting a Klone, this will be a walk in the park!  :icon_lol:

+1000

ANY Klone..!! :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..