DIY TS10 problem

Started by Elijah, June 12, 2021, 07:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elijah

Hello guys! I'm having problems with this build from effectslayouts.com. It's Ibanez TS10. It barely saturated the signal at max gain and volume almost equals to bypass signal at max volume. Traced pcb for shorts - there're none. Also measured Ohms on pots. Tone and Volume are OK but gain pot shows half a resistance it should. Replaced the pot and nothing changed. I assume that there's a resistor in parallel somewhere maybe 51k (I don't know sorry). Don't know if this is a problem or not. Just spotted that. Any help is very appreciated.
Measured voltages are following:
IC pin1 - 4.23
    pin2 - 4.23
    pin3 - 4.22
    pin4 - 0
    pin5 - 4.32
    pin6 - 4.31
    pin7 - 4.32
    pin8 - 8.46

Q1 c - 8.46
     b - 0.23
     e - 0.22

Q2 c - 8.46
     b - 0.23
     e - 0.22

duck_arse

links to a build doc to maych your build? a circuit diagram? a parts listing?

[edit :] please.
Katy who? what footie?

duck_arse

I think you need to measure ALL of the 10k resistors fitted to your build. I don't think any are 10,000 ohms.
Katy who? what footie?

antonis

Quote from: duck_arse on June 12, 2021, 10:36:40 AM
[edit :] please.

Nooooo...!!!  :icon_eek: :icon_cool: :o

Get out of good ol' Stephen right now..!!!
(whoever you are..)

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

ThermionicScott

Those 5-band resistors mess with my brain even when I think I've read them correctly.  I keep them in a separate drawer and measure each one with my ohmmeter before using.

"...the IMD products will multiply like bacteria..." -- teemuk

Elijah

Thank y'all guys for the help! Resistors were 200Ohm or sth I fixed that and it sounds just spot on! Thank you!