Can someone check my Violet Rams head FLAT-BOOSTED-SCOOPED switch values?

Started by Bandwagonesque, June 17, 2021, 07:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandwagonesque

Hello everyone. I have been trying to implement a 3 position FLAT-BOOSTED-SCOOPED mids switch into a violet rams head clone build and not sure if im on the right track or not as i don't have a scope to see things, have only been able to rely on my ear and just hoping its leading me in the right direction. So far it sounds like its good and doing as it should, but want to be SURE that i'm understanding and getting this right in practice. First off, the violet rams head tone stacks  was initially as stock as such...

R1=33k
C1=4n
R2=22k
C2=10n

First thing I was told to do elsewhere was to change R2 to match the value of the bass side (R1) so that now R1 and R2 are both 33K (for the sake of my build, i ended up using 39K resistors as i couldn't find 33K's. The value's of the caps were left alone and not changed. I then had a 3 position switch DPDT switch wired from the tone stack. On one end of the switch for the FLAT setting is a 4.7nF FILM capacitor while on the other end of the switch on the BOOSTED setting is a 10nF film capacitor. in the middle setting is the standard stock SCOOPED setting.

As said before, so far it sounds like things are doing what they should be expected to, but still having my little doubts that I may not be understanding this as well as I think. Does anyone see any error in my modifications to the stock tone stack values and if what values i've used for the switch's FLAT and BOOSTED settings are correct? If i'm getting this wrong, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong and what value will really be needed to make this work? Any help would be graciously graciously appreciated.

antonis

Could you plz post a schematic of cap switch wiring..?? :icon_wink:

P.S.
3 position DPDT switch is On-ON-On or On-OFF-On..??
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

ThermionicScott

"...the IMD products will multiply like bacteria..." -- teemuk

r080

Rob