Apologies, but I can’t find pnp germs @smallbear or usual sources

Started by Jbassfunk775, September 01, 2021, 01:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbassfunk775

I realize this is a topic that's been posted & addressed 'ad nosium' here and every other fx related forum. But the long-standing best; smallbear, has exhausted thier stock of all but the trannys which tested too far off spec to sell in thier muff/bender ect packages.
I fear we've finally reached the day we've been dreading yet all knew was coming sooner than later....   :(

**So...Is anyone aware of a reputable source of in-stock sorted/matched germanium transistors? I only need a few, even just a single matched pair within fz-face reasonable gain/leakage specs would keep me going awhile.. I sold my only two fuzz's I'd built to a friend who'd been asking for awhile as a favor, and planned to replace them (I actually have/had a small amount of 60's Russian PNP's stashed away that have completely disappeared somehow!!).. Anyway, Any tips would be extremely appreciated!

P.S. If you're in need of a specific NOS part or component there's a pretty good chance I have it. Perhaps a trade/deal could be arranged..?

-Thanks guys,
      Justin

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

mozz

PM me for 2sb54, 2sb56, 2sb175, 2sb714, T59248 or used I have some factory house numbers.
  • SUPPORTER

davent

Quote from: Jbassfunk775 on September 01, 2021, 01:44:53 PM
I realize this is a topic that's been posted & addressed 'ad nosium' here and every other fx related forum. But the long-standing best; smallbear, has exhausted thier stock of all but the trannys which tested too far off spec to sell in thier muff/bender ect packages.
I fear we've finally reached the day we've been dreading yet all knew was coming sooner than later....   :(

**So...Is anyone aware of a reputable source of in-stock sorted/matched germanium transistors? I only need a few, even just a single matched pair within fz-face reasonable gain/leakage specs would keep me going awhile.. I sold my only two fuzz's I'd built to a friend who'd been asking for awhile as a favor, and planned to replace them (I actually have/had a small amount of 60's Russian PNP's stashed away that have completely disappeared somehow!!).. Anyway, Any tips would be extremely appreciated!

P.S. If you're in need of a specific NOS part or component there's a pretty good chance I have it. Perhaps a trade/deal could be arranged..?

-Thanks guys,
      Justin

AC125's, in Australia and had good dealings with him in the past but in the meantime, i think shipping has become a major hit in the pocket book.
https://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=6
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

amptramp

(I actually have/had a small amount of 60's Russian PNP's stashed away that have completely disappeared somehow!! ).

This is what they mean by leakage in germanium transistors.  Sort of like shrinkage in warehouse stock.

Jbassfunk775

Quote from: amptramp on September 02, 2021, 08:49:05 AM

(I actually have/had a small amount of 60's Russian PNP's stashed away that have completely disappeared somehow!! ).

This is what they mean by leakage in germanium transistors.  Sort of like shrinkage in warehouse stock.

HAHAH!!  :icon_smile:

Ben N

Quote from: Jbassfunk775 on September 02, 2021, 09:58:24 AM
Quote from: amptramp on September 02, 2021, 08:49:05 AM

HAHAH!!  :icon_smile:
  • SUPPORTER