S/N ratio of posters

Started by Vivek, November 09, 2021, 09:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

replying to myshelf, the cheese rolling down the hill is an apt metaphor for a lot of threads hereabouts. they start all ordered and neat at the top, then the cheese starts a rollin' and it's hell for leather down the hill, people coming from all angles with the wobbley legs.

simile?

I heard they do the cheese rolling in Wales, but they do it more carefully.
"Bring on the nonsense".

Kipper4

What a fantastic event that is. The cheese rolling contest. Lethal but FUN to watch.

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

amz-fx

Quote from: Rob Strand on November 10, 2021, 05:47:21 PM
The managers would have meetings solely to coerce and con people.  Managers used time stamps on "anonymous" submissions to track down people who gave bad reviews then "arranged" for those people to be sacked.

:)

Phend

Quotecheesecake doesnt have cheese in it.
I like Limburger cheese cake.  Usually get the whole pie to myself.
  • SUPPORTER+
This is the age of Video Game Induced illiteracy

iainpunk

Quote from: Phend on November 12, 2021, 12:04:49 PM
Quotecheesecake doesnt have cheese in it.
I like Limburger cheese cake.  Usually get the whole pie to myself.
Limburg is about an hour and 15 min on my bike, but the part where they make the cheese is about 7 to 8 hours cycling.

Limburg is the lowest green appendix of a province, i live just above its top (Arnhem) while the cheese is made near its bottom. living so isolated from the rest of the country, their accent has evolved out of the range of being understandable for about half of all dutch people.

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Rob Strand

QuoteLimburg is about an hour and 15 min on my bike, but the part where they make the cheese is about 7 to 8 hours cycling.
There were reports that puncture-proof tires were filled with cheese

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

iainpunk

when i cycle past people, they smell my sweat, but if i go with cheese tires, i smell like cheese, idk which is worse

cheese
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Vivek

Good Gouda, where's this thread headed to now ?

Cheeses, let's make merica grate again !

pacealot

Quote from: Vivek on November 12, 2021, 07:42:34 PM
Good Gouda, where's this thread headed to now ?

Cheeses, let's make merica grate again !

I just Camembert any more of this...
"When a man assumes, he makes an ass out of some part of you and me."

iainpunk

by teh way, this thread should probably be in the 'Lounge - OT' sub board in stead of 'building your own stompbox'

cheers

EDIT: 2500th post !!!!!!!!!!
at 58,96%

cheers

Vivek

Congratulations Iain !

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and views !

Phend

^ and that was with a subbatapus,  good job Iain.
Lumbergers on the barby . Make mine with cheese please.
  • SUPPORTER+
This is the age of Video Game Induced illiteracy

davent

... cheesecake doesnt have cheese in it...

Was at a wedding reception last night and the dessert was cheesecake, three small pieces one topped with berries, one caramel and one chocolate.

Can't say i've ever seen a cheesecake recipe that didn't call for cream cheese which is... cheese, for eample.

Cheesecake
four 8-ounce blocks (904g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
1 cup (240g) full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional, but recommended)
3 large eggs, at room temperature
topping suggestions: salted caramel, lemon curd, strawberry topping, chocolate ganache, red wine chocolate ganache, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or raspberry sauce (recipe in notes)

https://www.google.com/search?q=cheesecake+recipes&rlz=1C1OKWM_enCA899CA899&oq=cheesecake+recipes&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i67l3j0i433i512j46i199i291i433i512j46i199i433i465i512j46i67j46i131i433.7049j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Rob Strand

Leaning tower of Piza Pizza.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

iainpunk

in dutch cheese cake translates to ''kwark taart''. 'kwark' is a yoghurt-like dairy product which we don't consider to be cheese. probably a cultural difference at play... the internet is beautiful for this exact reason.

cheers

cheers

duck_arse

kwark? kwark? [it has a certain strangeness about it, but is charming all the same.] sounds like there is a duck in here.

"Bring on the nonsense".

Steben

Quote from: iainpunk on November 15, 2021, 08:46:52 PM
in dutch cheese cake translates to ''kwark taart''. 'kwark' is a yoghurt-like dairy product which we don't consider to be cheese. probably a cultural difference at play... the internet is beautiful for this exact reason.

cheers

Uhm, "kwark" actually is proto-cheese. It is the first step of cheese.
A cheese cake is a cheese cake.
We Flemish understand this and call kwark "platte kaas", meaning dull, lifeless cheese.
But since we are Flemish, we don't brag about this.
:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

And there is nothing like .... New York cheese cake.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

pacealot

Odd — shouldn't kwarks be "flavourful," by definition? Subatomic cheese ain't all it's quarked up to be, apparently...
"When a man assumes, he makes an ass out of some part of you and me."

Fancy Lime

This would make a nice noisy poster:

Also: Subatomic Proto-Cheese, is that a prog-funk band or a DOD chorus pedal from the 90s?

Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

ElectricDruid

Quote from: iainpunk on November 12, 2021, 04:07:29 PM
Limburg is the lowest green appendix of a province, i live just above its top (Arnhem) while the cheese is made near its bottom. living so isolated from the rest of the country, their accent has evolved out of the range of being understandable for about half of all dutch people.

I like the idea that this is even possible for people living a mere 100km from the rest of the country. Everything is closer together in that central part of Europe, even the people who don't understand each other! I've driven through four countries in a few hours crossing that part of the world. In contrast, in Spain you could drive 100km, and you'd hardly get out of the range of the local accent of the place where you started, let alone finish up where you couldn't be understood.