AION REFRACTOR - 100K Log Dual Gang pot replacement

Started by jdelahayes, November 12, 2021, 06:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelahayes

Hello,

All my suppliers are out of stock of the 100K Logarithmic Dual Gang potentiometer needed for the gain of the AION REFRACTOR pedal.

Does it seem possible to you to replace it with another value? for example the 500K available from Tayda.

... or if someone knows where i can find the 100k ? I live in Europe.

Thank you for your help, this is the last component i have to source before starting the build!

bluebunny

If you're already looking at Tayda, then they have dual-gang 100K log pots.  Also, Rapid in the UK has an Omeg brand potBitsbox too.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

jdelahayes

Sorry I was not specific enough, i was looking for a RV16A01F-41-15R1-A100K and they are also out of stock at Tayda.
I am a beginner and I was afraid that another model would not fit into the pedal box ...
So I decided to order an antilog from the same series to help me out.

Either way, thank you very much for your response. I am in France and currently the delivery conditions and taxes do not encourage ordering in the UK.

MikeA

I believe the Gain dual pot on most Klons (including the Aion version) is 100kB (linear), rather than log (A) or antilog (C).  That's what I always use.  RV16A01F-41-15R1-B100K for 6.5mm (1/4 inch) smooth shaft.
  • SUPPORTER

aion

Quote from: MikeA on November 13, 2021, 01:53:53 PM
I believe the Gain dual pot on most Klons (including the Aion version) is 100kB (linear), rather than log (A) or antilog (C).  That's what I always use.  RV16A01F-41-15R1-B100K for 6.5mm (1/4 inch) smooth shaft.

+1, it should definitely be linear!

Rob Strand

FYI: Most people (including myself) use the Japanese taper codes A=log/audio (12% to 20%) , B=linear, C=reverse audio, D=log (10% not common now).   There's some older codings which were more common back in the 60s and 70s where A was linear and B was log.  They have largely fallen by the wayside but I suspect there's still companies in western countries which still use the older taper codes.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

Ben N

Quote from: MikeA on November 13, 2021, 01:53:53 PM
*6.35mm
  • SUPPORTER

MikeA

• SUPPORTER