Help with identifying a fuzz circuit

Started by eightsevenzero, November 06, 2022, 03:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eightsevenzero

I found some pics of an interesting Fuzz Sustainer online made by Satronik. It's an interesting circuit, utilizing a 741, bc 149, and bc108. Since this is an eastern European pedal I figured it's probably a clone of some type. Has anyone seen a circuit similar?

Mark Hammer

Although the info provided does not immediately ring any bells, I would suggest consulting the effectsdatabase.com . Bart, who maintains the site, does a fantastic job of tracing "kinships" among pedals; i.e., THIS pedal is really the same as THAT one in another chassis with another name.  There are many "jobbers" in the pedal industry, who will make a given pedal under a brand name for someone.  It's not piracy.  It's more like the way one company will provide canned peas for different grocery chains with their store label on it.

pinkjimiphoton

can you get us pics of the trace side of the board, and list component values?
maybe worth building one to see what's what?
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

eightsevenzero

I don't have a tangible unit to grab values off of, but there's some decent pics online I've attched. I also made an overlay pic to aid in tracing.

ElectricDruid

Off topic, but that's a cool PCB. Talk about saving etchant! It has only tiny lines dividing the rest of the board, which is all "areas". It's almost like a normal board in reverse, a negative-space version of a PCB.

antonis

Quote from: ElectricDruid on November 17, 2022, 03:02:23 PM
Talk about saving etchant!

And wasting solder..!! :icon_wink:

(not to mention elevated soldering iron temperature..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

mozz

Back then it was common to use .062 size solder or bigger. I probably have 4 sizes on one of my benches. Don't know how many mm that is. Solder was cheap, lead was cheap, you didn't want your product coming back for flimsy solder connections. Older Japanese radios were doused with lead like that.
  • SUPPORTER