Variable LPF HPF Vero Builds

Started by redbagy, November 14, 2022, 03:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbagy

Hi! I'm looking for a variable LPF HPF Vero builds to use after a splitter. Any suggestions please?

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

redbagy

So from what I've briefly read in order to achieve 2nd order filters it's going to be more complicated (like using dual gang pots and other methods). So for now I'm inclined to test a single pole filter. Perhaps I should hook up a passive RC filter with a buffer after it?

antonis

Quote from: redbagy on November 14, 2022, 03:59:34 PM
I'm inclined to test a single pole filter. Perhaps I should hook up a passive RC filter with a buffer after it?

Yes but resistor/pot values should be 10 times higher, at least, from respective Emitter/Collector resistors (in case of BJT phase splitter)..

P.S.
Beware of - possible - mixing due to 180o phase shift.. :icon_wink:
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

antonis

I think OP is interested for H/LPFs of already splitted signals..

ElectricDruid

Quote from: antonis on November 15, 2022, 04:18:35 PM
I think OP is interested for H/LPFs of already splitted signals..

If the point of the splitter is to give you two signals so you can lowpass one and highpass the other, then the state variable filter above from ESP saves you an op-amp since it does the splitting too!

Anyway, state variable filters are great. Everyone should eat them for breakfast.;)

antonis

I do agree, Tom but maybe OP wants to have seperate Hi & Low adjustment.. :icon_wink: