News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Schumann PLL

Started by semajmiyta, April 14, 2023, 04:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semajmiyta

Hey fellow builders (and others) so I just finished building Dead End Fx Schumann PLL. I am not getting signal output when pedal is engaged . I do however have a high pitched whine/squeal when on that changes frequency when fiddling with the knobs. Now I'vs only spent like 5 minutes playing with it and I noticed I did not connect up anything for the CV
  Would this be a reason the pedal would not operate properly? Switches seem to operate properly and most pots seem to do something to the squeal. I only brought the voltage up to 10 volts would that be a reason it does'nt work right? I am not a noob having built easily over 250 pedals but I'm definitely not wise in the ways of electronics but I can paint by numbers all day long.
  Hoping someone may have some insight to the squealing possibly had the same or similar problem and can share where to start troubleshooting. Yes I have an audio probe just havent busted out with it yet
  Thanks in advance

duck_arse

you would, he said again, at least be linking us to the build docs you used to build your build, wouldn't you? and then you'd post some photos of your build, so we could look at it and cross-check, and then you'd take a great load of voltages and post them so we could see.

granny at the G next satdy.

PMowdes

Which version did you build?  we make two different versions, one with the drone functionality and one without.

www.deadendfx.com
www.instagram.com/deadendfx

stonerbox

Quote from: duck_arse on April 15, 2023, 10:18:27 AM
you would, he said again, at least be linking us to the build docs you used to build your build, wouldn't you? and then you'd post some photos of your build, so we could look at it and cross-check, and then you'd take a great load of voltages and post them so we could see.

We need this posted on the front page in black an red.
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes