Disaster Area Smart Clock Not Powering On

Started by ToneRangerAudio, June 30, 2023, 07:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneRangerAudio

Hey all!

I have a newer Gen 3 Disaster Area Smart Clock on my board. I'm out on the road and use it extensively for our set. I plugged the board in yesterday and it powered on as usual. To change settings you have to unplug and plug the power back in, so I did that and the pedal did not power on. I've tried other working power cables, holding buttons, etc. Nothing. I've reached out to Disaster Area twice, but have not received any reply from them.

Anybody know what might be going on? I'm really handy and can replace power jacks, components, etc. I really need to get this working for more shows coming up.

Any help would be appreciated!

PRR

• SUPPORTER

idy

You are saying you are using the pedal board power supply and have tried other power cords...

I think next is open it and measure if voltage is getting from jack to board...power is stopping somewhere?

ToneRangerAudio

Well everything else on the board powers on. I pulled my BigSky power cable which was working and tried it with the Smart Clock. Nothing. Plug it back in my BigSky, works perfectly as should.

r080

Rob

idy

Yes, the circuit board inside the pedal. If you know power is getting to the jack, then if you are really lucky all that's bad is the DC jack. Check that out first. Opening it up we can see how complex it is. Whether you can trace the power, find if is something simple or "brain dead."