sprilt n blend on octaver

Started by DUCKFACE, July 03, 2023, 03:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUCKFACE

whats wrong with those spliters?
they dont work. maybe phase problem ?
when i bypass them ocave up and octave down works.

ElectricDruid

Sorry, that's a fairly tangled schematic, so I don't know what you're talking about. Which bit are you referring to? What's the reference designator for the splitter components? What exactly is the problem? "When you bypass them"? - from where to where?

We need to know more details if we're going to give any useful advice.

Phoenix

Schematic is incomplete which doesn't help, but you're missing mixing resistors.

DUCKFACE

the effect is on two parts. the upper part is MXR blue box. The lower part is Octavia from tonepad.
the idea is as follow:
i want to split the input signal so the two effects can use the same input signal and to control the mixing level between two effects. I want to control the clean signal in the mixing process too. I need clean singal at the edn of the process too.
i use spilt n blend circuit for each of the effects. 
when i iput the signal trought the spiltter there is no sound at all. when i bypass the spitters inserting signal directly to the junction R5 R1 for the MRX and to R22 C3 to octavia it works just fine but im missing the clean signal.
i want to use the clean because this effect gonna be used on bass.

DUCKFACE

Quote from: Phoenix on July 04, 2023, 07:30:49 AM
Schematic is incomplete which doesn't help, but you're missing mixing resistors.

what do you meen by incomplete? what mixing resistors am i missing? where they suppose to be ?

Phoenix

Quote from: DUCKFACE on July 04, 2023, 09:48:11 AMwhat do you meen by incomplete?

You've got a mystery connector that's pretty much unlabelled. Without digesting the circuit it's not obvious where the inputs and output are.

Quote from: DUCKFACE on July 04, 2023, 09:48:11 AMwhat mixing resistors am i missing? where they suppose to be ?
You need mixing resistors between the wipers of the blend pots and their junctions, see Valvewizard article.

Also, your JFET buffers are biased into cutoff. You need another resistor from 9V to gate to bias them properly. See AMZ article.

DUCKFACE

on the connector 1 is input 2 is output.

im using this http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2015/12/split-n-blend.html for split n blend

ElectricDruid

Quote from: DUCKFACE on July 04, 2023, 09:16:49 AM
the effect is on two parts. the upper part is MXR blue box. The lower part is Octavia from tonepad.
the idea is as follow:
i want to split the input signal so the two effects can use the same input signal and to control the mixing level between two effects. I want to control the clean signal in the mixing process too. I need clean singal at the edn of the process too.
i use spilt n blend circuit for each of the effects. 
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I can see it now.

when i iput the signal trought the spiltter there is no sound at all. when i bypass the spitters inserting signal directly to the junction R5 R1 for the MRX and to R22 C3 to octavia it works just fine but im missing the clean signal.
i want to use the clean because this effect gonna be used on bass.

You'd be better off putting *one* buffer directly after your input, and then taking the Blue Box and Octavia inputs from the output of that buffer. Your current schematic has two buffers in parallel, which is redundant.
The output mix needs *three* inputs, right? Oct up, Oct Down, and Clean. If it was me, I'd add one dual op-amp, use half of it for the input buffer, and the other half for a mixer. You can add multiple inputs to an op-amp mixer like that with no problems, but a passive mixer is never going to be so simple. *Looks* simple in terms of number of parts, but never seems to work as well, has weird interactions with stuff around it, etc etc - the Valvewizard article mentions all this. Pain in the backside. As already pointed out by Phoenix, if you're going to have a passive mixer, you need mixing resistors after your pots to the output point.

DUCKFACE

good point. but i need octavia to be mixed with clean separate, and the blue box to be mixed with clean separate.
what value should be the output resistors after the pots?

i just separate the two circuits . Input buffer -> octavia -> mixing buffer. - no sound at all. i think that sometigs wrong with that buffer.

marcelomd

Impedance mismatch is a bi***...

Here are two sketches of something that can work. Not tested, just a starting point for you. The point is isolating/buffering the separate circuits.