Another GCB-95 Wah Mod Question?!

Started by Bill Gnarlson, July 26, 2023, 01:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gnarlson

I know there's loads and loads of threads and material to read about modding the old dunlop crybaby but, as far as I can tell, I haven't seen this asked:

So I'm doing the typical to mine: TBP, some vocal mods. I'm also doing stinkfoots "tri-wah" mod, using a SPDT 3 terminal switch, with three caps connected with one leg, their other legs merged to 1 lead to the spot on the PCB.

My question: Could anyone run down the steps needed to perform the LED mod, with a twist; I want three LEDs of different colors to that correspond to the three positions on the SPDT on/off/on that's switching between the three caps. What do?

Reference: https://stinkfoot.se/archives/2578

antonis

You could manage it with 2 LEDs (or a bi-colour one)..
OFF position (stock cap) -> No LED lit..
DPDT (ON - OFF - ON) switch..

P.S.
In case you experience issues with different colour LEDs brightness, you can delete the common CLR and place individual resistors in series with SW middle lug..
(soldered onto switch or between respective lug and LED anode or between LED cathode and GND..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

antonis

"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

bluebunny

What post?  You been at the ούζο Antonis??   ;D

(I think our anatidae pal did indeed clear up.)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

antonis

Ουζο..??  8)

Never aniseed  spirits..!! :icon_wink:
(risky, due to star anise and star ground confusion..)

duck_arse

I had a taste for the ouzo when I was 18ish. and yes, spammer deleted. where were you lurking at the time, Antonis?
granny at the G next satdy.

edd29

Quote from: Bill Gnarlson on July 26, 2023, 01:21:59 PM
I know there's loads and loads of threads and material to read about modding the old dunlop crybaby but, as far as I can tell, I haven't seen this asked:

So I'm doing the typical to mine: TBP, some vocal mods. I'm also doing stinkfoots "tri-wah" mod, using a SPDT 3 terminal switch, with three caps connected with one leg, their other legs merged to 1 lead to the spot on the PCB.

My question: Could anyone run down the steps needed to perform the LED mod, with a twist; I want three LEDs of different colors to that correspond to the three positions on the SPDT on/off/on that's switching between the three caps. What do?

Reference: https://stinkfoot.se/archives/2578

You probably look  this mini rotary switch as have 3pdt  type installed on my wah for vocal range selector.