Aion Refractor HELP!!

Started by gtwirges@yahoo.com, August 13, 2023, 08:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtwirges@yahoo.com

Ok, I just purchased and asembled an Aion Refractor Klon Klone. After assembly, I installed a fresh 9V battery and plugged it in. In true bypass, the signal passes as normal, but nothing when the pedal is engaged. On the buffer bypass, no audio in either position. The blue LED does go on and off as expected. I then grabbed my trusty Fluke and started measuring voltages on the ICs and found that most of the voltages were about twice what the documentation showed. I've checked the direction of all the diodes, the polarity of all the caps and visually inspected the solder joints. Everything appears to be correct (but obviously isn't) Does anybody have a tip on what I might be missing?

Thanks,
George

idy

Welcome to the forum. "About twice" does not help us. Please write down the voltages you are seeing and post them. That might help.

Pictures also might help.

The Klon is a little tricky for a first build. There is more to go wrong than a tube screamer. But many a non-functioning Klon has come to life on this forum.

m_charles

hello and welcome.

Couple tips. Might want to make your forum name something that isn't your email address. That's kinda weird, haha.
Also, as idy pointed out, your question is way too broad. You need more details and to be more specific to get help.
Your question is almost equivalent to saying, "my car won't start, but the headlights work great... what do you think is wrong?"
Not making fun of you, just giving tips on the best ways to get help here. Good luck!