WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

Started by aron, September 20, 2023, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

I installed Dark Caramel, Steyle-V4 and Burnt,

I posted something with Steyle but I'm not sure it posted correctly???

aron

I think the PM's are working now.

bean

Quote from: aron on September 26, 2023, 12:43:30 AMI installed Dark Caramel, Steyle-V4 and Burnt,

I posted something with Steyle but I'm not sure it posted correctly???

Thank you

duck_arse

Quote from: aron on September 26, 2023, 12:44:06 AMI think the PM's are working now.

it seems we can't have an alert when a new pm arrives, unless by email. is this so?

edit - well. it seems editing settings thru "alerts" is different to edit your settings. I get confused easliy.

and I went to look at themes, the one I was using no longer there, even though I was using it. and now I'm using something different, no hilite colour options, and those non-working ones are gorn.
"Bring on the nonsense".

aron

Do you know which one you were using? I can put it back.

duck_arse

unfortunately, no. it was grey and had the portholes for profile pics. and a choice of highlites.

hextech.
"Bring on the nonsense".

Phend

Aron, I sent you a message, did you get it ?
About a paypal donation, did you get that ?
Usually I get a receipt from paypal, this time not.
  • SUPPORTER+
This is the age of Video Game Induced illiteracy

aron

Thank you! yes, I finally did read my email and I got it and replied back to you! Thank you!!!!!!

aron

Quote from: duck_arse on September 26, 2023, 11:48:36 AMunfortunately, no. it was grey and had the portholes for profile pics. and a choice of highlites.

hextech.
OK, I put it back. Thanks

Phend

• SUPPORTER+

aron

Try Steyle now. I fixed some things so it's usable now.

bushidov

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Phend

Like the "search" feature. The last one worked, but this is better.
I haven't explored past entering , search for "what", and adding "who".
  • SUPPORTER+

duck_arse

I have a question about editing posts.
"Bring on the nonsense".

antonis

Is there any "hidden" area of total likes..??
('cause they appear in alerts but can't be further found and referenced on..) 
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

aron

The manual is here, but 3 or more likes will show a link and a popup to who liked the post:

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

amptramp

I'm having trouble getting the search function to work.  I have put in search parameters for things I know are there but it still returns no results found.  Is it actually gone or is there something else I need to do?  I have used simple and advanced search with no results.

Phend

^^ Same here , I know  I have used "pin 15" or "delay in", but can't find it.
So I googled it and found something. But not on diy.
  • SUPPORTER+

stallik

Seems to me that the search function chooses where to search depending on where you are in the forum. For example, if I perform a search while in this thread, it only searches this thread and tells you that at the bottom of the search dialogue.

Starting a search from a category increases the search range and gives you many more options of where to search

Searching from the home page may give the greatest number of results.

I had thought that the last version of the forum worked in the same way?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein