i know, been a while... stupid pedal trick, the fuzzface +

Started by pinkjimiphoton, May 14, 2024, 02:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_d-Ht-vpI

will upload the actual schematic when i get a chance. i had worked one up for deadend, but never finished it so i will have to draw it up. been YEARS.

shoutout to kevin at aion effects, i used his boards as a substrate to build this on.

for all intents, its the old fake a variable cap on the input cap, 10n and 4.7u caps and an a250k pot for the bass sweep...
and the boost is from literally switching the location of the output cap in the circuit as i believe i had reported on years ago, from the junction of the 470r and 8.2k resistor to the 8.2k q2 c node. in this case, its a fixed 1k resistor and 10k trimmer... pins 2 and 3 are tied together, so its a convenient spot to be able to warp the circuit from.

the second footswitch basically i wasted a 3pdt, mount a .022 poly cap across the two center pins, one side is the output to the volume pot, the other is the center pole with the top connecting to the 8.2/q2 c node and the bottom connecting to the 470r/1k node as was meant to be stock.

i should do a "clean" video i guess, but... ufck that noise, amirite?

this also has a variable resistor on q1 that kev had worked in, that lets ya @#$% with the gain of q1 a bit, which was super useful.

transistors are pulls from an old pa switchboard i looted from my drummer's old studio space. good times.

fuzzy goodness to the @#$%in masses.

love to all

pink
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Matthew Sanford

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on May 14, 2024, 02:28:41 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_d-Ht-vpI

i should do a "clean" video i guess, but... ufck that noise, amirite?
Ain't nobody got time for that!

Apologies for improper English, yet brings me to your proper usage of the phrase "For all 'intensive porpoises'". Is there a pedal named Intensive Porpoises? There should be...albeit dolphins may not play guitar well, but then all the masses not in the know would talk about it quite often! Unwittingly, of course
"The only knowledge is knowing you know nothing" - that Sew Crates guy

Controlled Chaos Fx