Boss ge 7 won't turn on

Started by Jun1001, June 19, 2024, 12:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GibsonGM

:icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  Ha ha ha, these things do happen!!  It is ok!  Good work discovering the TRS cable problem.

My opinion: a short can happen in many ways. If no critical components were damaged due the short, and you were able to stop what was shorting, the answer is to assemble the pedal and play it for a long time.

Try all of its functions, let it 'warm up' (but not to a 'fever'!), and test it over the course of several days.  If nothing further seems broken, then you are all done!  Maybe something grounded (the enclosure) simply touched a power supply point at the battery, which should not harm anything except the battery...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Jun1001

Thank you all again for your help. I'll use it well. :icon_mrgreen:

antonis

Now you're ready to pass to the 2nd farcical issue.. :icon_wink:
(transistors/ICs out of sockets..)

P.S.
Wrongly oriented should be the 3rd issue but let's face them up one at a time.. :icon_biggrin:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

drdn0

Quote from: antonis on June 25, 2024, 04:24:20 AMNow you're ready to pass to the 2nd farcical issue.. :icon_wink:
(transistors/ICs out of sockets..)

P.S.
Wrongly oriented should be the 3rd issue but let's face them up one at a time.. :icon_biggrin:

Or my classic - plugging the input into my amp, the output to my guitar then wondering why I get no noise.

I have lost count how many times I've done it  :icon_lol: