No heat toner transfer

Started by GGBB, July 17, 2024, 01:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGBB

Could a UV flatbed printer be used with etch resistant UV ink?
  • SUPPORTER

amptramp

Quote from: GGBB on July 21, 2024, 07:37:49 AMCould a UV flatbed printer be used with etch resistant UV ink?

I don't see any reason why not.

I mentioned flexprint material earlier because it would probably be usable directly by some printers people would already have, but it would have to be supported before it was used.  That means constructing a non-conductive plastic frame to prevent the components from being shaken off the circuit board.  We once took delivery of a nice Analogic meter only to find that the solder joints were cracking due to flexure of the circuit film (you can't really call it a board) that it was built on.

PRR

Quote from: amptramp on July 21, 2024, 07:00:43 AM....without having to transfer
There was a Brother inkjet printer (*) which could print on CD-Rs. I forgot I had one--- it developed fatal paper-feed issues last month and while kicking it to the curb I noticed the pull-down disc tray above the paper chute.
(*) Brother MFC-J825DW multifunction color inkjet printer

I dunno if the ink would stick on PCB stock (it used special printable CD-R discs). Or withstand etchant.  I do not recall if it enforced a 4.7" round shape. It might, just so the print head could be programmed "keep away" from the disc edge. EDIT Apparently so. So you could do a 3.3" square, which is indeed useful in pedal-world.

I know you can't just buy one this year. The Amazon price went from $99 in 2009 to $600 last year and now "N/A"
  • SUPPORTER