Audio, Power Supply, Inverter and Voltage Regulators

Started by StevenStanleyBayes, August 14, 2024, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenStanleyBayes

I am not sure where in this forum to publish this, I hope, I am in the right place. I have made an excellent, noiseless, voltage inverter with MAX168x. This takes an input of 5V and provides an output of - 5V. With a 5V, 2A standard, power supply there would be a 5V, 875mA output and - 5V, 875mA output. Seven Max168x have been used, each of them can provide a maximum of 125mA. Any number can be used as they are parallelable. Although they may be considered unregulated, the equivalent, output resistance is 3.5 Ohms per IC, therefore, 0.5 Ohms for 7 in parallel and 0.35 Ohms for 10 in parallel.

This can be very welcome for guitar effects. In most cases, even, one IC is very welcome. here is the document :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11BpBLBlzvXQZEr_oiTbX5Bwy19xwU24E

This publication discusses :

1. Audio, Power Supply, Voltage Inverter, 5V to - 5V made with a few, unregulated MAX1680 IC's with a maximum output resistance of 0.6 Ohms. Discussed is MAX889, which is the similar, but, regulated.

2. + - 3.3V, Audio, Power Supply, Voltage Regulators, made with a voltage reference, amplifiers and TIP31 and TIP32 transistors. Many, other audio, voltage regulators have been discussed.

3. Based on the resources used for these, some ideas have been proposed for a power amplifier, which, is not the main subject of this publication and was introduced in the addendum.

Search the document or scroll down to the sections, named " Schematics " and Pictures.

As usually, mistakes are, always, possible with such a long document.

jorg777

Wow, that sounds like very useful work!  Thanks for sharing.