News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Rotoverb

Started by anyuser00, November 14, 2003, 06:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anyuser00

Anyone have a schematic or even have a Rotoverb?

kweho

I have had the pleasure of owning 3.  1 was sadly, stolen.
I bought 2 that were not working. I successfully repaired them and will buy any others out there, working or not.
I think the Rotoverb (Dixi Liquid Sound Box in europe) is the most amazing effect for electric or acoustic guitar.
In my opinion, in the last 50 years, other than an expensive processor,  the old Fender Leslie unit, that actually has spinning cones is the only unit that comes close to the rotoverb.

Liquitone

lol, Dixi is also the name of those portable chemical toilets you see on festivals. I guess you could also call those; 'liquid sound box'

george

mistahead

If you run a stereo rig Vox has some Rotoverb / Univibe effects in some of its gear (Tonelabs at least) that do a VERY nice job of emulating a real rotary speaker...

A real rotary speaker is ideal but the room/stage/physical factors make them a lot less predicable that some might assume - can be bouncing sounds off of all sorts of crap that the club/bar/venue never expected you to point noise at.

Liquitone

I do like the sound of the rotoverb demo's I heard. The speed-knob doesn't seem to have a big range though, in the vids I saw the rate goes from fast to slightly faster. Am I right? Is it designed like that?