Fulltone '70 Transistors

Started by Boofhead, December 04, 2003, 05:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boofhead

I found this information on the internet some time
back regarding the Fulltone '70 - unconformed at this point.

Full uses whatever transistors he has:
BC183L (main ones)
BC108B, BC108C,  (common)
BC109, (probably not that common)
2SC828 (perhaps used more now, it's used in the later
Fuller stuff)
ecg(nte)199 was also mentioned

Ammscray

By far the best silicon FF versions I've ever heard had either the BC108C or the BC183L...the 109's are too bright and noisy IMO...other cool sounding trannys they used after the forementioned were:

BC169C, BC183C, BC209C...

The 2SC828's are not bad sounding, a little fizzy when they're cranked...they are famous for being the tranny used in the Univox Univibe, several Superfuzz circuits, and countless other japanese pedals from the 60's...

the 828's are not hard to find nowadays at all, but fulltone probably uses them because he can't find the others anymore...although the 108's he used to use weren't real ones anyways!
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

petemoore

Got the 70 working, no prob there [got to be like my umteenth FF type]
I like the controls and the sound is kinda cool but I was [er did I] gonna post about what's kool tranny's to try in there, to refine or at least mess with [this IS a FF type after all] the ckt.
 I think I got the caps and such pretty close to what I want.
 I can get NTE199's probly tomorrow, but I'm glad you're posting on this, FF's are made for Q selecting...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Doug H

I'm still playing with it on the breadboard. I tried really low hfe (~100) Radio Shack grab bag NPN's first and they sounded okay, better than the the higher hfe ones. Now I've got a surplus Motorola metal-can 2n2222 (hfe around 150-200) for Q1 and a RS plastic 2n2222 for Q2 and I like that sound a lot. It is very sm-m-m-m-o-o-th... I didn't like using the Motorolas for both Q1 and Q2, it lost definition or something.

Doug