OT Firebird's brother (or sister)

Started by aron, December 04, 2003, 08:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

The companion to the excellent browser Firebird is the new email program Thunderbird.

Pretty impressive and with a few font tweaks, pretty nice:

http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/index.html

stratking

I have been using firebird for the past few months as my browser and it has worked wonderfully.  I would try out thunderbird but I run linux on my boxes and gnome's evolution is a great email client.  I might have to check out thunderbird at sometime however.

stratking

javacody

I love firebird. It took all the features I loved about Opera without the ads or pay to use.

I haven't tried thunderbird yet either, but I did download the calendar extension. It works very well. I found an open source project to export all of my Outlook calendar items as vCalendar items, and then I import them all at home with the Mozilla calendar. Works very well. Now, next timeI decide to play hooky and build a pedal, I won't miss any important meetings!

ErikMiller

How does it compare to Pegasus? I've been a Eudoran for almost 10 years, now using the adware version, and tried switching to Pegasus a few weeks ago.

It finally drove me nuts. I can deal with Outlook and Eudora, but Pegasus' floaty windows all over the place got on my nerves.

Folders on the left, message list on the right. Is that so difficult? Prompt for a password when I first log on to the POP server.

I'll give it a look.

aron

I just paid for Eudora 6 and I have to admit, thunderbird is looking really good.