double d pics/ brass and copper boxes/ anyone for pictures

Started by donald stringer, December 21, 2003, 12:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donald stringer

ok that worked/ you may have to click on it a couple of times. It didnt work the first time but it did the second two times. This is my latest build[ double d. I am posting pics of some boxes I have made for my self. The copper clad ones were wrapped at home. I just broke up  a basic long piece of copper at the shop with a half an inch turned down to turn under nieth. The rest was done at home. Copper is fun to work with by hand. I recently have covered a customers entire kitchen counter top with copper. It  turned out  really nice. The swirl desighns can be done at home, all you need is pretty much anything you can chuck up in a drill.Aluminum etchs  real easy/I suppose for cast alum boxes you would have to use a coarser material. But regular mil grade alum. etchs even with an pencil erasor....To the doubled I added an toggle mid boost on the treble cap of the tone stack/a bass mid scoop pot on the tone stack 100k in series with the stock tone stack 33k res./and a moss clipper on out vol. pot this a toggle switch. With all the addons turned off it  performs as normal and the beautiful tone of this box is not impeded in any way. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donaldstringer/album?.dir=/2003-12-21+doubled+effects+boxes&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,1%3af,0
troublerat

Ansil

dude i love the little swirls done in the aluminumm  sweet.