So anyone else notice LDR's popping up everywhere?

Started by BillyJ, January 02, 2004, 02:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

For some time now I've been thinking about using an LDR for VR in a ckt and have the light varied something like this...
 A tube with a bright light at one end and the LDR at the other and a 'light blocker' the comes between the two thereby blocking all or part of the light hitting the LDR...[ala Morley?]
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smoguzbenjamin

Could do. No physical parts to wear out that way... :?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

BillyJ

Forgot to mention that I am Gez's band biggest fan now.  :D
Who cares if they even sound good the guitar player plays with fire!!!!!  :twisted:
Your a sick sick man Gez  :wink:   :D

Ansil

Quote from: BillyJForgot to mention that I am Gez's band biggest fan now.  :D
Who cares if they even sound good the guitar player plays with fire!!!!!  :twisted:
Your a sick sick man Gez  :wink:   :D

i would think that in light of what happend with great white last year palying with fire in a club woudlnt' be advisable.

althought i know that it is only a joke.  but my old band did do somthing similar to the opening of the movie triple x  with ramstein spitting fire like that.  i did it with vodka

smoguzbenjamin

I liked rammstein for a while... :roll: nowadays I can only listen to it for 2 minutes and then I want to listen to jamiroquai again :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

mattv

... and then there was the guy who set a video camera pointed up at the sky (and moving clouds, etc), wired it directly to a television and glued some obscene number of LDRs to the television screen to use that as a controller...

I think Paul Perry was the person I heard that from first, and then other sources.

LDRs are way cool, but it's important to at least consider that it will sometimes be difficult to replicate the same sounds over and over again because of ambient light, etc.

gez

Quote from: Ansili would think that in light of what happend with great white last year palying with fire in a club woudlnt' be advisable.

althought i know that it is only a joke.  

Of coarse, I was only joking, but there does seem to be an obsession with fire in my family.  Bonfires were always a big thing with my father (I think this is an English thing as most of my friend’s dads were the same), and my brother and I caught on pretty quick…though petrol tended to enter into things quite a bit.  

As kids we set light to the garden shed (managed to put it out and shift the compost heap so that the scorch marks didn't show), almost set light to the kitchen (managed to stamp that one out in time) and I burnt a huge hole in the family tent one summer with my improvised ‘jiff flame thrower’.  I hurriedly packed it away and my parents were confused when I didn’t want to ‘play tent’ any more.  Thankfully, they bought a new one for the next season so nobody was any the wiser (I think I’d have been severely thrashed by my old man had he spent a few hours - he’s pretty inept when it comes to practical things - putting up the thing only to find a gap the size of the ozone layer in one side!).

I no longer smoke...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter