Original Hendrix FF? How much will it go for???

Started by 1wahfreak, January 18, 2004, 02:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ammscray

Quote from: NasseHow bout using that brown board material, ask little less and claim that it is some little less famous guitar hero´s old pedal...

:lol: Just kidding, but be aware of fakes...

Actually, I was in a rush to do the job, I meant to paint the board brown and laquer it before I loaded it up...it would've looked alot better...oh well
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

dan

maybe the dude selling it thinks it's really jimi's ff. but i doubt it. look at his feedback, it's all good.
-Dan

BD13UK

I saw that tour at the Greens Playhouse in Glasgow Scotland and if I remember correctly the show featured Eire Apparent  The Nice The Move Amen Corner Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix, I believe at the time they were all using Floyds Wem PA, Hendrix and Redding both used 3 Marshall stacks each, I also remember Jimi having the wah FF and a couple of other pedals probably a Univibe and Octaver  but I really dont recall what colour FF it was but he sure sounded pretty good on that ocassion, I actually had the show program up until about 10 years ago when it got lost moving house and I suspect it would be worth quite a bit these days
Brian

RDV

Quote from: BD13UKI saw that tour at the Greens Playhouse in Glasgow Scotland and if I remember correctly the show featured Eire Apparent  The Nice The Move Amen Corner Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix.
What I'm curious about is: was Syd Barrett 'together' for that show, or was he 'out of it' with the arms hanging at his side? I'd love to hear from someone who saw a show where Syd was coherent and doing the 'act'.

Regards

RDV

Kilby

From a friend who saw that tour in Belfast (the venue was in a hall the middle of Belfast Zoo)Barrett was together for that show.

From what I have read many of the Barrett stories where subject to a little guilding (to be polite), it was after the return to ondon after that tour that things went very rapidly downhill.

Rob...

casey

i wonder if jimi used new duct tape in his pedals?  :)  :?
Casey Campbell

Paul Marossy

V!N

Quote from: BD13UKI saw that tour at the Greens Playhouse in Glasgow Scotland and if I remember correctly the show featured Eire Apparent  The Nice The Move Amen Corner Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix, I believe at the time they were all using Floyds Wem PA, Hendrix and Redding both used 3 Marshall stacks each, I also remember Jimi having the wah FF and a couple of other pedals probably a Univibe and Octaver  but I really dont recall what colour FF it was but he sure sounded pretty good on that ocassion, I actually had the show program up until about 10 years ago when it got lost moving house and I suspect it would be worth quite a bit these days

Yes, that was on 05-12-1967

There are bootlegs available from both concerts that day. :)

saros141

Very nice work, Ammscray.  Gotta love those mil-grade carbons with the 5th yellow band.

Ammscray

Quote from: saros141Very nice work, Ammscray.  Gotta love those mil-grade carbons with the 5th yellow band.

Tanks! :)
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

BD13UK

ViN thanks for reminding me of the concert date 5.12.67 I hadn't realised it was THAT long ago !!!!!!!! but it must have been as indeed Hendrix opened up his slot on the show with Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and it had just been released by the Beatles, looking at the date that would make me think that the FF used on that occasion would almost certainly be a germanium as I don't think the silicon model had come to fruition at that time and was perhaps still at least a year away, would that be correct Guy's ??????????
Brian

BD13UK

Sorry think I got my dates wrong on the Pepper album it was actually released in June of 67 I THINK !!!!!!!
Brian

1wahfreak

casey

well, it's up to 5100 bucks.....  he has added some closeups of the
pots.....dates anyone?
Casey Campbell