OT How to sing the blues *Humor*

Started by Lonehdrider, February 22, 2004, 07:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_F

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminThat's true! :mrgreen: Well OK it's kind of exploded due to a short but anyway :mrgreen: Mmmm I can sing a blues about that ;)

If you broke your soldering iron while using it to kill a man in Memphis...then maybe.

David

No, he broke his soldering iron trying to fix the gun that exploded when he used it to kill the guy in Memphis! :mrgreen:

smoguzbenjamin

:mrgreen: Whahaha! :mrgreen: This is immensely funny!
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

ErikMiller

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminBut why can't teenagers sing the blues? :(

'cause they ain't fixin' to die!

Hal

was it a soldering gun he was fixing ?

petemoore

Country guys often try to sing the blues...
 But for some reason it consistantly turns 'bluer than blue'.
 Lines like: I had a love was SO bad, So bab bad bad...sobad nowIm Bluer than Blue...
 A state well past the 'normal' state of Blues, that neither you n'or I could even understand,... no-one could possibly be That Blue...because That blue looks just like Black .!!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

uncle boko

Interesting how English fingers have generated the best blues techniques!
better to be in bad taste than to taste bad

David

Gee, Uncle, I think us colonials might have to disagree with you a bit on that one.  While I do not dispute the expertise of Messrs Clapton, Page, Lee, Beck, et. al.,  may I remind you of the blues prowess of the following esteemed perfomers:

B. B. King
Johnny Winter
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Buddy Guy
Bonnie Raitt

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

OK gang, how about a "DIY blues" start up with
"Woke up this morning, found my iron was cold" (or I hope somethig funnier) and go from there.. :D

Lonehdrider

I'd have to disagree too Unk... I won't dispute the brits have played some hellishly good blues, and its a opinion of course, but to my ear they (not all, clapton ok..) tends to play alot of notes, not a bad thing, but theres alot to be said for a few notes that sing rather than alot being flashy. (BB King for example, a few notes but damn, what notes, Albert King etc). And no I don't hold that BLues is necessarily a american artform, every country has its form of blues (Anyone ever listening to Celtic folksongs can tell its a blues form). And yeah, I'm white, graying in the face, but can cut up the blues with the best of them, and not to be boastful, but playing my 47' hollowbody through a tube amp and hitting some choice notes really gets the attention at the club dominated by strat clapton clones. As I said its a opinion and a matter of taste of course, and I do like Clapton's stuff don't get me wrong there, just prefer earlier stuff before ya'll got here hehe... :D

Regards,

Lone
With all the dozen's of blues songs that start "Gonna get up in the morning" , its a fact that blues musicians are apparently the only ones that actually get up in the MORNING...

David

Woke up this mornin', my soldering iron was cold,
Coffee tastes like motor oil, toast be green with mold;
Smell of solder fumes hangin' heavy in the air,
Looked roun' for my woman, an' Lord, she wasn't there!

Marcos - Munky

Woke up this morning, and my soldering iron was cold
Ooohh Woke up this morning, and my sweet soldering iron was cold
I scream "this is too bad, bad, bad,
The soldering iron was like gold"

I tried to buy another one, but I love my soldering iron
I can't substitute it, because I love my soldering iron
And I need to be conform
The soldering iron is gone forever

Then you can make a slow and big solo and repeat all. Just put some feelings in this :P.