hey im new around here

Started by freeradical24, March 14, 2004, 02:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeradical24

and also new to building effects.im starting with a univox superfuzz.the transistors specified came with the base on the outside.so i was wondering if on the schematic the base is always in the middle or if it would directectly corelate to the specified transistor.

MartyB

The six  transistors I can see in the Geofex schem all have the bases in the center - this is the standard representatiotn.

http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/univox1.gif

Are you looking at a pcb layout?

hope that helps.

strungout

Yes, the Base is always show in the middle in schematics. The pin with an arrow is the Emitter (pointing out = npn, in = pnp), which can be sometimes drawn as the upmost pin -- tho I've rarely seen that, myself -- and the one left is the Collector.

Ciao.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

Nasse

:x I have had bad luck finding right transistor pinouts not very often but after lurking in this forum sitting on my ass I can tell it´s best to double and triple check the transistor legs orientation and which pin is what. Guess I was lucky because mostly use common and easily available transistors. But what I believe you can make a superfuzz with just ordinary silicon transistors.

But off topic anyhow there is a very nice site with lots of killer info about superfuzz and relatives, the author is a member at this site and he is a nice guy, helped me once

http://members.fortunecity.com/uzzfay/home.html
  • SUPPORTER

aron

Why are you having a difficult time finding transistor datasheets?

Unless the transistors are hard to find, most silicon transistor data can be found using google. Just search (for example):

2N5088 datasheet

That will give you a listing of the datasheet for the transistor which includes the pinout.