Ross Compressor transistors

Started by nirvanas silence, March 21, 2004, 02:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirvanas silence

I am building one and I want the original transistors if possible.  I heard it uses 2SC1849 trannies and I am wondering the best place to get those or what ones you guys like better.  Thanks alot!

ncc

This might help.
I did a search on the NTE cross reference site and it
looks like the 2N3904 has very similar characteristics.
Both the 2SC1849 and the 2N3904 point to the NTE123AP
for their equivalent.
Here is the site, just enter the part number to get the data sheet.
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

You can compare specs from the original parts with the replacement.

ncc

Ammscray

Quote from: nccThis might help.
I did a search on the NTE cross reference site and it
looks like the 2N3904 has very similar characteristics.
Both the 2SC1849 and the 2N3904 point to the NTE123AP
for their equivalent.
Here is the site, just enter the part number to get the data sheet.
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

You can compare specs from the original parts with the replacement.

ncc

I know you were trying to help but be aware that the NTE123P is a generic POS that is meant to sub for hundereds of other numbers...

also, the 2N3904 is not very similar to the original 2SC1849...you can do alot  better by using the original trannys and they're still made and readily available..I got some from mouser not long ago, and I've also gotten them from some component suppliers in canada
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

Steve C

you can use MPSA18's too if you're looking for other options

rhinson

hello there,  i did a mouser search and did not find the 2sc1849's.  do you know what the manufacturer was or do you have a sub part number that mouser uses?   thanks

Ammscray

You need to call them and ask a rep...you can't always go by the catalog and certainly not the online search because their parts availability changes so often...they have lots of different tranny numbers that you won't see listed...I'm pretty sure that there were at least two different japanese manufacturers of the 2SC stuff
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

MarkB

I used 3904's and it sounds great..  use sockets, and start with those.. you can change them out later easily.

"-)

Jay Doyle

Wow, this is getting to be a once a week response for me.

You don't need the original transistors, they don't need to be matched, 2N3904s will work fine, 2N5088s will be fine as well.

The two transistors in the audio path are both buffers, they don't impart any tone on their own.

Search my past posts for more information...