EPFM Phaser Mod cool! have ?'s tho

Started by LP Hovercraft, March 24, 2004, 02:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LP Hovercraft

I just was successful in adding four extra stages to Anderton's phaser out of the 1978 version of his EPFM book and in addition added switching between 4/6/8.  The sound is gorgeous and deep and it doesn't seem to have any problems with the switching.  I'm not sure if I did it right.  Using a 1P3T Rotary switch, I connected what would be the output pad (connects to resonance and the intensity pots) as the pole and tapped a lead off of the 4th, 6th, and 8th outputs to each "throw."  What I am not sure of is whether tone sucking occurs on the 4 and 6 stage modes as compared to if I used an arrangement where I disconnect the subsequent stages when 4 or 6 are activated.  Are there other issues I should be concerned with or am I just being paranoid of smoking the optoisolators?  Cheers!  Thanks for all of your help, I spent 5 hours last night making crazy sounds with this connected to my Skyripper in the fuzz's oscillator mode (I swear that it was repeating intelligible words to me at one point :shock: )