ross comp working but...

Started by Greg M., April 20, 2004, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

i posted yesterday about my tonepad ross comp giving me no sound at all (not even bypass).  I was using tonepad's offboard wiring diagram as well but decided to try Aron's layout from the beginner's page.  Lo and behold, the thing is working--and sounding damn good btw.

However, now the LED isn't working  :x !  I have the resistor side of the LED meeting up at the upper pin of the adapter hookup with +9v from the board and 2 switch points (x's in diagram below).  the other end of the LED is attached to input sleeve.

hope this ugly diagram conveys the idea :oops: :

_o_I_x__I_o_
 o  I  x   I o

The weird thing is before I changed the switch orientation, the LED was really bright when I cranked the guitar volume or lowered it to closed.  What the  :?: could that have been?

Jay Doyle

Are you using a 3PDT or the millenium bypass?

Greg M.

Sorry, that diagram is awful.  Believe it or not I was trying to show a 3pdt :? .  i only put the top two rows dows though--very ineffective.  Suffice it to say that I hooked everything up the way aron has it in his layout on the beginner's page but the top row mid and middle row mid pins are bridged together on mine.  Hope that helps a bit more.  And thanks for responding.