3 Overdrives in on box

Started by YouAre, May 03, 2004, 09:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre

I'm thinkin of having an all in one od/dist. The first would be a light OD, and i could switch between 2 pedals, the Proffessor Tweed and Matchbox. Second would switch between two other pedals, a modified ts9/808 and another heaver overdrive. And the third would be my harder distortion i was thinking the rat and another distortion.

The first stage would be for like clean or solo boosts so i'm pretty set on those.

For the second stage what would you recommend for another OD? I was thinking maybe the thunderchief or highway 89? this is for my more generic rock stuff.

For the third stage what would be good a thunderchief, a blackfire? Should i keep the rat and use another dist or use 2 other dists? I need 2 raunchy dists for my hardrock/metal.

And would it be possible to run all 6 effects w/ one 9v powersupply? And would all 6 pcbs fit into one HUGE hammond box?

Ansil

in a word yes.

ps i tried to cal you it told me the no. was disconnected or no longer in service.

petemoore

I like to tweek them as individuals. That way I can see who's who and who gets along with whoever else etc.
 I like an OS comp for first stage. that or just a booster.
 Getting all the gain stages [3 I say] to work well togetiher, ie perfect boost . goes with one switching to perfect OD. add something to that and have the perfect high gain lead sound...I do 'pretty good, using the vol control on the guitar, but I find chaining more than two boost and Dist stages can get out of hand in one way or another.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

YouAre