SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Ts results

Started by mccready, June 05, 2004, 12:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccready

Well guys
(forgive my English)...

I built a ts-9/808 (with a key that alternates these two), and with a key that changes the symmetrical distortion for asymmetrical.  

The result was very good...  
Only that there were some problems... if somebody can help myself I´ll thank!  

First: The pot that controls the TONE... it doesn't simply alter anything in the tone... and he is working... I tested it. Besides him, the others pots work well, however it seems be 'weak'... you are going rotating and anything... and suddenly he changes everything at once only (drive or level)  

Second: When I change of the diode for the jumper (sym/assym)... The sound stays very torn! I would like more bass and less overdrive... well same old blues! And even in the diode, he is a lot 'crunch'... and I wanted something more 'velvety'... I would like to know what I can change of components to obtain that!  

Third: I put the key for altering of the ts-9 for the ts-808... and resistors of 470 and 100k (ts9) and 100 and 10k (ts808)...  
but the sound doesn't change ANYTHING! I would like to know if it is necessary to change more some component...  

thanks the lot of!!!
Leo.

petemoore

For more bass try  a larger input cap and/or larger coupling caps [in signal path between stages].
 For smoother sound [more output less dist] add diodes...[in the OA feedback loop] where one was connected   ->l try two each way ..
->l->l and put try different cap values across the feedback loop [larger values here = less/less harsh hiighs].
 Check out GEO: Technology of the Tube Screamer for detailed dissection and explanation of the circuit.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Boofhead

QuoteThe sound stays very torn! I would like more bass and less overdrive

Also try two clipping diodes in each direction (total of 4 clipping diodes).