220pf cap in Tripple Fuzz?

Started by vseriesamps, October 15, 2004, 04:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vseriesamps

Hi everybody

Just wondering what the function of this cap is and how changing the value would change the tone of the effect. I just realized I accidentally used 22pf. Pedal works fine, but I'm wondering if Tim intended it to be brighter or darker or something.

Great effect, no matter what. I'd recommend it to anybody.
Thanks
K
uh oh

petemoore

Quote from: vseriesampsHi everybody

Just wondering what the function of this cap is and how changing the value would change the tone of the effect. I just realized I accidentally used 22pf. Pedal works fine, but I'm wondering if Tim intended it to be brighter or darker or something.
 Prob ly a high end rolloff cap, signal to ground or collector to base or something.
 Larger values cut more highs, smaller values let more highs through.

Great effect, no matter what. I'd recommend it to anybody.
Thanks
K
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

I looked that the schemtic of the Tripple Fuzz
 I belive that capacitor is in the signal path, so the opposite would be true of it's effect compared to what I typed above, about a capacitor from signal path to ground.
 The 22pf you have in there is probably cutting more lows than a 220pf would in that position, might make it a good bit thinner sounding...course now that I look at the schematic...hmmmm...let someone else try and suggest trying a larger value and see what that does.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.