Crash Sync is awesome! (review)

Started by jmusser, December 26, 2004, 03:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

When I first lit up the Crash Sync, I wasn't able to really put it through it's paces, but today, the wife and kids took off, so I got to "dime" things (as they say). I have underestimated this circuit big time. It has features that I didn't know it had initially. If you adjust the timer pot (I call it the "Crash" pot) to different areas, with guitar treble and bass controls rolled off, you get perfect octave down tracking. It's as sweet and eerie as any I've heard. It will superimpose one or two octaves down, depending on where you have the Crash pot adjusted to. I tied legs 1 and 2 of the pot together, and two octaves down is with the pot adjusted full counter clockwise. A little bit clockwise makes it one octave down. There is an in between spot there, where you'll be playing a single octave down, and the second octave kind of splatters around in the back ground, which is extra cool. Anything more clockwise gives you straight signal in different tones, but still pretty bassy. Another thing that sets this apart from a lot of fuzzes, is that the fuzz is just as dominate on the the high G, B & E strings as it is on the low E,A & D. All of this is while playing the neck pickup of course. Go to the bridge pickup, and with your tone controls adjusted anyway you want, the fuzz will sustain for a few seconds, then gate and die out, just like you switched your amp off. While it's doing that, you have a sonic bumble bee unleashed in the back ground! I've probably missed some other features. I'm positive that if you bypass the effect but leave it plugged in, it'll somehow figure your taxes. Build this thing!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".