Parts scavenge again ! whats this ?

Started by MartyMart, January 17, 2005, 05:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

I have an almost dead "Phillips CDi " player ( never got hold of any CDi films ! )  which makes a quite poor CD player, so have 'opened her up' for a look see.
There are some NE5532's a JRC4556D ? and several LM833n 's ? not sure about that last one, op-amp ?
Loads of nice "box" poly caps and some trannies.
Any thoughhts on the LM833N  ?

Thanks,
Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

MartyMart

Thanks chaps !
Do you think it will be too "HiFi" for stomper use, or is it in the same league as the NE5534an  ??  ie: clear and quiet  :D

Marty 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: MartyMartDo you think it will be too "HiFi" for stomper use, or is it in the same league as the NE5534an  ??  ie: clear and quiet  :D
Marty 8)

Well looking at the data sheet, it is certainly DESIGNED to be "clean & quiet", the only problem I can see is that it says, put a resistor in series with the output if the load is greater than 50pf.. now when anyone says this in a data sheet or applications note, it is a SECRET CODE for "it is going to oscillate if you use ratnest wiring" :x

Seriously, keep ripping up old domestic shit, the modern stuff has
****-all in it, today will be remembered as the Golden Age of dumpster diving :wink:

sir_modulus

It's National Semi's jelly bean dual opamp....much the same as a NE5532. It's a bit quieter than most, and all I can say is it sounds amazing compared to most in something like the Orange Squeezer!

Nish