News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

New projects

Started by rubberlips, February 02, 2005, 03:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubberlips

Guys,

As I've been away for quite a while, just wondering what new projects have popped up over the last year or so that you think are worth making?
Any new designs blown anyones mind recently and are a must have?

Cheers

Pete
play it hard, play it LOUD!

MartyMart

Welcome back !
Check out  www.runoffgroove.com
Those boys have been busy  !! ( too much to list ! )
Ed G's BSIAB II has caused a stir amongst the "High Gain" boys
Also RDV's HMP ( heavy metal pedal )
Torchy's great "stripboard" layouts . . . . .
Have fun !

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

GreenEye

I haven't built enough to really say what's a 'must have' or not, but I've been prowling in the shadows, downloading schems as they come up.  Here's what I know:

I just did the Sparkle Boost (do a "new booster" search) and have been playing through it for days now havin' fun.  There's been three cool amp sims - a JCM800 and two Mesa Boogie ones (Boogeyman and Dr. Boogey I think).  All three looked way cool.  The Silver Rhythm looked like a cool one.  Tweedy Tube II and London Drive 25 appeared awhile back.

jmusser

Pete Moore "just" posted a new fuzz schematic called the SunDial, I believe Tim Escobedo's Pushme Pullyou octave up fuzz was posted late last year, and Dragonfly has posted several withing the past 2 months. I'm particularly fond of his "Dirty Sanchez" fuzz. He has the Joy Buzzer, and a new "Sparkle Boost". I was off for quite awhile myself until about August, and there's been a lot of stuff added. Anything by Tim Escobedo, is great, and there's been a lot of people building his Ugly Face fuzz. RDV has posted several sound samples lately, and you won't go wrong with it if you haven't built it. Runoffgroove and Tim have enough stuff on their sites to keep you out of trouble building for awhile.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

rubberlips

thanks guys,

I checked out runofthegroove the other day, you're not wrong - keep me going for the next couple of years!

The sparkle boost looked interesting. And I did notice that someones doing a lot of amp simulation circuits like fenders, marshalls, vox ac-30 (english channel I think they called it). That's another site that'll keep me going forever!.

Just about finished fixing up all the effects that didn't work first time round and couldn't be bothered fixing. Me screamer+ hadn't been working for 2 years and when I popped it open and traced it through, the centre wire off the volume was just touching, but not conducting, sneaky!

Now I'm off to sort out a boss super distortion - leave the best till last

Cheers

Pete
play it hard, play it LOUD!