More UgLyFaCe sound

Started by RDV, February 02, 2005, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

Who says there aren't any "useful" tones in the UF? :P

Ugly Sonata

RDV

LP Hovercraft

Yes, if you're doing Django Reinhardt impressions , then maybe it wont be of much use (though I'd like to hear someone try it). However, Senor Uglyface sure is no one trick pony, that's for sure.  Octave Down, Envelope Fuzz,  Free Running Oscillator/Ring Moddy wierdness (so very cool w/echo-SPACE MADNESS).  Not really something I'd recommend with anything more complicated than a power chord, though.  I just made one on the same board with a May Queen.  Running it into a Marshall 100w and A/B'ing between the two is really cool because you can accent your May Queen tone with Uglyface wierdness and it sounds quite seamless enough to work very well.  Overall, there's a lot of bang for the buck in the Uglyface-it just depends on taste/playing style.

LP Hovercraft

RDV

Mommy doesn't like my UgLyFaCe!! :evil:  :evil:

Bugger her!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

RDV

NaBo

best non-commercial-clone circuit that i've built so far.  UF's seem to have so much ... "character".  it seems everyone's screams differently, probly cuz so many of us are forced to make our own optos since sb is still closed  :P

i think im gonna build another one, and give the other to my brother as his ridiculously late xmas present  :twisted:

jmusser

It sounds a lot like a pit bull choking on a cat!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

jimbob

RDV- is it JUST your amp and the UF or are you adding something else in line w it? Im trying to get that sound from your samples.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

RDV

Quote from: jimbobRDV- is it JUST your amp and the UF or are you adding something else in line w it? Im trying to get that sound from your samples.
All my UF samples were recorded direct to my computer with just some digital delay. On most of them I've got the pot that controls the opto-isolater up full for max quack. If you turn that knob all the way down, you get the wild tripple octave sounds.

HTH

RDV

jmusser

As you know, I love your UF and SF samples, but I'm terribly hurt that you haven't done more Crash Sync samples :cry:
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

timwalsh

Where can I find more info about the ugly face and a schematic?
Yeah, well, you know, thats just like your opinion, man

RDV

Quote from: timwalshWhere can I find more info about the ugly face and a schematic?
http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html

RDV

JimRayden