pic and clips of my pedal

Started by scottosan, February 03, 2005, 09:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runmikeyrun

looks great!!  The color and lettering look like a danelectro-style pedal, although WAYYY cooler.  I also like the way the center knob is larger than the other two, kinda points you to the most important knob!
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Prive

I've never bees seduced by BSIAB's till i hear your clips, that is really BROWN SOUND.

I don't have the XTC but my 1959slp RI have to manage it too.

Of course if don't work you'll be responsable hehehe.

:D

How you set the controls in the pedal and in the amp?? if you remember.

Saludos, Marcelo.
Fuzz boxes don't need on/off switch!!!!!!!!

petemoore

Sounds like a Substantial Amp  :D  What A Build !!! Looks fantastic, and very highly acclaimed circuit, sounds like these two are the "There It Is" sound...Nice Grind.Sustain and other Explitives !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Phorhas

Electron Pusher

FatMike

QuoteI used the clean channel of a bogner xtc int a 4x12 cab loaded with vintage 30's, mic'd with an sm57 int a cheap m-audio fasttrack. As for the tone knob, it is awsome. It's not like the typical mud to icepick range, it is like butter to edgy if that makes sense

If that great distortion sound comes from a mic then I'm definitely going to build a BSIB II. Thought the samples were recorded using a cab sim / POD or simmilar  ;).

scottosan

Thanks for all of the comments guys.  To answer some of the questions, the amps tone settings were like presence 1:00, treble 1:00, mids 12:00, bass 1:00 and running clean.  The volume was at loud bedroom levels, but not really loud, the wife was in the other room.  I can take photos of the micing position when I get home.   I had all of the pedal controls at 12:00.  I did not eq the recording, but of course you can hear there is some reverb added.  For those of you wanting to build it, I bought the ready to sodler PCB from  JD Sleep at www.generalguitargadgets.com.

FatMike

A picture of the mic position would be cool, as my recordings using a mic sound terrible all the time altough I tried nearly every mic position/angle that's posible (maybe the room I'm recording in is just too small or does reflect the sound too much). I use a Shure PG57, the cheaper version of the SM57 (about 80$).

Prive

Scottosan:

Congratulations again for a great sounding rig/build.

All controls at 12:00!!!!!!!  my god! it's the half of drive available???

Sorry guys i have to go to the store for some caps values... :arrow:  8)

Thanks for sharing.

Saludos, Marcelo.
Fuzz boxes don't need on/off switch!!!!!!!!

scottosan

Quote from: PriveScottosan:

Congratulations again for a great sounding rig/build.

All controls at 12:00!!!!!!!  my god! it's the half of drive available???

Sorry guys i have to go to the store for some caps values... :arrow:  8)

Thanks for sharing.

Saludos, Marcelo.
Yup, gain at half on the pedal. You can turn the gain all of the way up and it is still very useable.  There isn't really a huge gain increase after 12:00 but just more of a fluid/liquid gain.

Ed G.

Quote from: scottosanDo you sell these?  I'm still just a hobbyist and don't have time to make alot of these.

JD sells finished BSIAB II's at generalguitargadgets.com, in addition to selling the pcb's. He's sent me a finished box and they are very, very nice. If your friends aren't that good with the soldering iron, I'd highly recommend getting one from JD. He's squeezed the circuit into a 1590B box, with top-loaded jacks, so the pedalboard footprint is about the same as a BOSS pedal.

bryantbr

You nailed it.  Don't sell yourself short on the playing either.  The BSIABII was my very first build about a month ago.  I was very pleased that the thing worked when I plugged in.  I thought mine sounded pretty good until now!  I haven't messed with it much since I've move on the the Rangemaster, DOD250, Orage Squeezer, mod to my TS-9 to TS-808, mod my DS-1, and BD-2.  I'm addicted.  I'll be taking that thing apart this weekend.  Nice job.

Mojah63

Wow!!  that does sound great!!  I took the BSIBII off my list after hearing a few samples.  Most of the samples, if not all, were recorded direct with speaker simulation.  It's nice to hear something put through a great amp and recorded. Your's really does sound nice :) Now it's back on after I finish some tweeks on my Overdrive Pro....  

Paul

So many circuits, So little time
Paul

So many circuits, So little time

syzygy

Holy cow.  I was just going to mod my Boss SD-1 until I heard that second clip.  Now I'm going to build one of these too.  Where did you order your enclosure, and what's the part number?  Also, how did you do the graphics and the paint?  Looks great!

scottosan

Quote from: syzygyHoly cow.  I was just going to mod my Boss SD-1 until I heard that second clip.  Now I'm going to build one of these too.  Where did you order your enclosure, and what's the part number?  Also, how did you do the graphics and the paint?  Looks great!
I used a hammond 1590bb case, I used Duplicolor ceramic based paint and stickyback transparancies for the labeling.