Eric Clapton Mid-Boost

Started by jrc4558, February 04, 2005, 02:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrc4558

I'm sorry, I lost the EC mid-boost schem. Blue guitar link is dead too.
Could anyone show me the link? Or mail it to me at
asterius@hotmail.com

Thank you very much.

erio fraga

Constantin

Chec your email

Rgds

Erio

jrc4558

chrishopkins

Does anybody have a copy of the schem?

I'm planning to Claptonise my strat soon...not because I want to gurn in an Armani suit but because I'm converting my strat to a Master tone arrangement and want to do something with the spare pot  :icon_lol:

trjones1

Quote from: chrishopkins on September 30, 2005, 05:28:29 PM
I'm converting my strat to a Master tone arrangement and want to do something with the spare pot  :icon_lol:

You should check out this website:
http://www.deaf-eddie.net
It has a lot of switching systems to get series, out of phase and different combinations of pickups with a rotary switch that take the place of one of your tone pots.  You could probably work out how to do this with a regular switch without paying $30 for his switches, I just haven't gone through the effort to do so.

cd

FYI unless you have Lace Sensor pickups or some other type of noiseless single coil, I would not advise building the EC midboost inside your guitar.  Reason being, it's fairly noisy and will amplify all the wonderful 60Hz hum.

I would also advise building it with a simple low noise single opamp, instead of the transistors - simpler and pretty much the same tone.  The transistors themselves are wired in such a way as to approximate an opamp.  Compare the schematic (which is still available at www.blueguitar.org) to the Diode Compression Opamp (look in the other forum sections), you should be able to spot the similarities.

chrishopkins

I've got 2 Gold Lace Sensor that I'm going to partner with a Red Lace.