News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

scooped boost

Started by blandman74, February 16, 2005, 03:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blandman74

Can anyone suggest a simple boost circuit that produces a heavily scooped sound?  I want to breadboard a high-input impedence pre-boost in front of few of my favorite overdrives/fuzzes to see what they sound like, but outside of a slapping a lo-pass and hi-pass filter together, I would like to hear from more knowledgeable folks on other ways to do it.  I am hoping for -3 dB points at about 200 Hz and 3-6kHz.  A way to control the width of the scoop would be extra.

Any ideas?

Mark Hammer

The Univox Super Fuzz has a nice mid-scoop circuit that I've used several times.  Try it and see if you like it.  Width and extent of scoop can be easily adjusted.  Making the ground cap bigger shifts the bass end of the scoop lower (meaning less volume overall).  Making the bypass cap bigger shifts the highend of the scoop lower (more midrange introduced).

Take a look at Jack Orman's articles (www.muzique.com) on "presence" controls and creative use of the basic Big Muff tone circuit.  Lots of useful info there.

strungout

Oy.

You could aslo search for a thread by stm "Unveiling twin T-notch filter". It has a short how-to in it.

Ciao.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".