Adjusticator with Dual Op-amp/2 stages

Started by chrisaxeman, February 26, 2005, 08:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisaxeman

Hi There,

Has anyone built R.G's Adjusticator with a TL072 or similar?

I'm trying to build one for an adjustable send return for a delay pedal in a line level loop.

With the original schematic that is based around a single op-amp,I'm not sure about how to configure the network on the positive input and the positive voltage connection in regards to a dual chip.

Do I have to duplicate this network again,or can I just tee-off another 100k resistor into the input of the second half of the op-amp?

Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.......
I have no idea what I'm doing,but I like the way it sounds!

R.G.

QuoteDo I have to duplicate this network again,or can I just tee-off another 100k resistor into the input of the second half of the op-amp?
You can just tee off another 100K resistor for the second bias.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

chrisaxeman

Quote from: R.G.
QuoteDo I have to duplicate this network again,or can I just tee-off another 100k resistor into the input of the second half of the op-amp?
You can just tee off another 100K resistor for the second bias.

Thankyou R.G!

I'm on my way.......

Cheers

Chris
I have no idea what I'm doing,but I like the way it sounds!

Noplasticrobots

Other than teeing off another 100k resistor for second stage input, can anything else be left out?
I love the smell of solder in the morning.

Processaurus

Just wanted to say this is a great idea, I can't believe there isn't a commercial product like this.  So many musicians will like a pedal, but don't use it because it doesn't have the right EQ or output level.  I was going to try making one sometime with using the 2 band active EQ in the Sansamp GT2.

The Geofex filters look good, though.

If you're interested, a forumite named STM published a lot of interesting stuff on filters, if you search using his user name:

here's one:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=25788.msg172183#msg172183

One could go further with this adjusticator idea and add a compander were the expander was sidechained to the input, for noisy effects, or ones that suffer from lack of headroom, or both.  That would be the ultra deluxe version, for sure.