voltage transformer and del elec mistress

Started by jmasciswannabe, March 20, 2005, 05:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmasciswannabe

I am about to use a transformer from mouser suggested by ggg to power the DEM. The wiring to the pedal is simple, but I have a question on how to rig it up to an ac plug. I ordered the three prong ac cord and jack (so I could disconnect it from the box). Should I just attach the two black wires from the transformer to the two top wires on the jack?

Thanks
Ian

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/dmistlo.gif
....the staircase had one too many steps

jmasciswannabe

Instead of being patient I went ahead and wired it like I described in the previous post. After a few seconds smoke started to rise from the 7815....thank god that the sad1024 wasn't plugged in. Cn someone suggest why this might happen?

Thanks
Ian

jmasciswannabe

looks like i am posting to myself, but this might help someone else some time or another. I just noticed that the 220 uf caps I used were 16v....they are supposed to be rated over 20v, could this acount for the pain and suffering the 7815 went through?

hank reynolds 3rd

I´d use something higher, maybe 100v just in case...
I had a similar problem when I made a psu....
not to be condescending tho, is the pin out of the 7815 correct, as the 7815 and 7915 i used were different...just a thought.

cheers
Sam

jmasciswannabe

it's not condecending at all....i think a lot of times people miss the obvious, I know I have a few times. In this case, however,  I did search for a datasheet, but I either misread it or looked at the wrong one, because I did in fact misorient it. Guess I will be ordering a new one!

Thanks Sam!