Debuggin Phaseur Fleur

Started by mlabbee, March 21, 2005, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlabbee

Per my previous post, I'm getting a major thump and cuttoff in the audio signal.  I've double checked all the components and values, so my remaining theories for the problem are this:

1)  I am not using batteries and grounded everything to the power in ground rahter than running it through teh ground pin on the output jack. Could this be causing some sort of audio coupling?

2)  I used CDS cells from Jameco, but I'm beginning to suspect the values are wrong.  When I take one and measure the resistance across it in daylight, I get 2k and when I put my finger over it, blocking the light, it goes up to 9k.  This does not appear to be the range I ordered or sufficient to drive the circuit - could bad resistance values on the LDRs cause the thumping I'm hearing?

In circuit, with the rect. LEDs cranked, the voltage across the LDRs is 4.5 volts (i.e., pretty much zero resistance).  When the rect LED is dark, the voltage across the LDRs range from about 3.5 V to 4 V - seems liek there should be more of a voltage drop there . . .

Any thoughts?

mlabbee

Dji

You might try posting this on commonsound.org's forums. They were very helpful when I was debugging my Fleur, and I was/am *much* less tech-savvy than you sound.

They also have very detailed debugging documents on their site.

Good luck!